Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

For today's post, I will share with you some haiku poems I wrote a while ago while on a nature hike.
In a haiku poem the first line is five syllables, the second line is seven syllables and the third line is five syllables again.  You'll notice my haikus are not completely accurate, but they are pretty close.
I hope you enjoy my poems!

Muddy river bank,
Sparkling river water,
Peaceful and quiet.


Walking on the path,
Fallen trees are everywhere,
Such a work of art.


Leaves have start to fall,
The colored trees stand so still,
Autumn has now come.


Crunching snapping sticks,
Lots of things are dry in Fall,
Dry leaves are falling.


The forest is pretty,
The sweet sounding water,
Makes me so, so calm.


Life is colorful,
Nature is full of color,
Full of all colors.


That is it for my haikus. I hope that now you will go and write your own haiku!
Before I end this post I have an announcement to make:  Starting with my next post, I will now put a haiku in all of my blog posts.   The challenge will be to match the haiku with the theme of the post.
Thanks for reading my blog! : )

1 comment:

  1. These are very nice poems. I can picture and hear the scenes you describe. That's a great idea to try to incorporate a haiku into each of your blog posts. I look forward to seeing what you compose!

    ReplyDelete