Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

DIY Room Makeover - Pt. 2

Yay! It's finally here. Part 2 of my DIY Room Makeover. But wait! If you haven't seen my DIY Room Makeover Pt. 1, go check that out here: http://thecreativitytree.blogspot.com/2015/09/diy-room-makeover-pt-1.html
In this post, I'm going to show you a few organizational DIY's and storage ideas.

#1. Double Organizer
You will need:
Two cardboard boxes, one smaller, one bigger (1)
Tape
Scissors
Hot Glue
Paper and/or duct tape for decorating
First, fold in the bottom flaps and tape them (2)
Next, cut off the top flaps (3). Then, apply hot glue on the back of the smaller box (4), and glue it onto the larger box. Now all that's left to do is decorate. I used mod podge and paper (5), and also duct tape. I really like using duct tape and washi tape because it's so easy! :)
Now you have two places to put papers. A smaller pocket and a bigger pocket. I really like this and hope you enjoy it, too!

#2.
Kitty Organizer
No, I'm not talking about organizing your cats...
I'm talking about this:
Here's what you'll need:
A clean liter soda bottle
Scissors
White spray paint
Sharpies/markers
First, I just drew a line with a sharpie to give me a guide of where to cut (1). I left my self lots of extra space so I would have wiggle room when cutting the ears. Then of course I cut on the line (2). Next, I cut out the ears of the cat. (3 and 4). There's not really any way to explain that. I suggest that you use a sharpie to draw the ears on, then cut. It will be more neat that way. I then spray painted it white (5). (Note: You will want to do this outside and with the help of a parent.) I started to paint my kitty with regular acrylic paint, but it would've taken a lot of coats to make it opaque, so I just spray painted it. It turned out pretty well. (6). Now, all that's left to do is draw on the face (7). I printed out the picture of the planter I saw on Pinterest as a reference. I did not spray paint the inside of my organizer, so it's still green. I am probably going to either use washi tape to cover the inside, or just set some tissue paper or fabric inside. This is really simple and I think it's adorable! You could also make this a dog or panda or bunny or anything you want. :)

#3.
Origami Boxes with Lids
http://www.origamiway.com/origami-box.shtml
I absolutely love these for storage! They are perfect for storing little trinkets. Plus, you can stack them. I think the tutorial is pretty simple if you take your time. You'll notice they use standard origami paper. But that makes pretty small boxes. You may want to use 12x12 paper, which is what I usually use. If you use 12x12 paper, your boxes will be the size mine are in the photos below.

Here I used the halves of the boxes and pinned them to my bulletin board to make washi tape storage.
But they would be great for any type of storage. For example, do you have a junk box that you just throw random stuff in? I do. But, it's not really organized if it's in a box, it's just hidden. So I think I'm going to make some boxes, label them, and then sort the things inside my junk box into them!
#4.
Mason Jars
Mason Jars are awesome for storage!

I'm storing my sunglasses in this one. :)

Well, I hope you enjoyed this post! I'm really excited for Pt. 3 of my room makeover, which is DIY Room Décor, but I may have some other posts before that. :)
Have a nice Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Such creative ideas with clear instructions - great post! The step-by-step numbered photo collages are really cool. You'll have to show me how to do that. :)

    ReplyDelete