Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2015

DIY Room Makeover - Pt. 1

I am currently re-doing my room, and I'm right splat in the middle of it.
I've been wanting and wanting to write this post for a while, so I'm super excited. 
I am going to have 3 posts, or parts, to my room makeover. So, the first step to my room makeover is to make a plan. This is pretty simple, so this post is going to be short. My other two posts will be longer. Anyhow, let's get started!

#1. Sketch
I drew the outline of my room, and then drew my pieces of furniture on a different piece of paper, cut them out, and then arranged them on my room outline. This way you can change up your plan anytime. Be super creative with this. If you can't paint, moving furniture makes your room look a lot different. I just love moving around my furniture, because it's like, "Wait, my bed could be over there!", and "Hmm, I never thought of putting my dresser here."

 

#2. Make a List
Making a list of what you need to do and get helps a lot.
Here is an example list:

Get new bedding
Clean rugs
Paint
Organize closet
Paint nightstand
Make wall décor

#3. Planning
Yes, just random planning.
For example, you have some frames hanging on the wall with different things in them, but they're not going to with your new room theme. So, you are going to paint them a different color and put something different in them. But, which wall are you going to put them on....hmm? Also, maybe you should move the storage bins out of your closet so you'll have more space...but where will you put them?
You get it. I think planning helps because then you actually do stuff instead of just talking about it. Speaking of planning, have you seen my last post about making a DIY planner? Click here to see it!


Coming up next......DIY Room Makeover - Pt. 2 - Organizing and Cleaning

4 comments:

  1. Great post & good planning! You're putting a lot of thought and effort into this project. I look forward to seeing what you decide to do and how your bedroom turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see how it turns out! Are you taking before, during and after pictures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tiffany! Yes, I took before pictures, and I'm going to take during and after pictures. Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete